nbblood

Classifieds Feedback Rating

I recently listed quite a bit of equipment in the classifieds. I have been very happy with the service and have had success selling the gear I've listed. However, I've run into some buyers that are very skeptical about the transaction and have had trouble reaching agreements for payment on occasion. I really don't blame the buyers for their skepticism with all the online scams that occur on all kinds of websites these days. Although, I've been able to reach agreements in all cases and transactions occurred without incident to this point. I think some sort of feedback system would help buyers and sellers to have some confidence with the person they are dealing with.

For example, I list an item. A buyer purchases the item. When I mark the item as sold, I list the buyers username. The buyer then has the opportunity to return to the classifieds and file a positive or negative feedback. I get a score based on my positive and negative feedbacks from buyers. Very similar to eBay's procedure. My feedback rating can be seen in the classifieds on any item I list. Likewise, buyer feedback rating could be provided with the email that is forwarded when contacting the seller.

I don't know how difficult something like this would be to set up, but I'm sure it would benefit both buyers and sellers trying to avoid scams.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I just popped into 'suggestions and feedback' to suggest the exact same thing then saw your post. I agree its a good idea. A lot of people will only ever sell 1 thing on here, they probably won't benefit from it but for people who sell more then its a good idea.