Maurix

First time fly today ... I AM ADDICTED!!

Hey guys,

today I was at the wind tunnel in Bottrop, Germany. I booked 10 minutes because I thought 2 minutes weren't enough.
Oh guys I can't tell you how much fun it was ... and I guess I wasn't that bad. My instructor told me that I was pretty good and was able to do stuff in those 10 minutes that others wouldn't be able to do in 2 hrs. During the last minute of my 10 my instructor turned me around on the back gave me some instructions and suddenly I was flying on my back for a couple of seconds ... stable! :D

It was just so awesome! ... :D

Now I defenitelly have to start my parachute licence! ....

Another question ... is it possible to get a part time job as instructor or something or how do you even become a wind tunnel instructor? Is it a education or how does it work?

Thanks guys, as soon as I have my good laptop, I will edit the videos I made and upload them and share the link of my 10 minutes here :D

I know the addiction feeling, I have it too! I've done 8 hours the past 4 months.

Well, the guys that work as instructors at my home tunnel, were trained by highly experienced tunnel instructors from other tunnels. A lot of people want a job like that, so you're not going to be the only one. Who knows, you might get lucky. Though you probably have to pay a lot of money to even get to that level where you can be an instructor ;)

It's about $5000 for an instructor course here. Even though you do this course, you are not guaranteed a job.