aj4218

An old UK story of Nigel & Mike

Digging through old photos last night and found this amongst others. It's Nigel S and Mike McC in Spain in 1981. They's heard I'd been invited out to jump at the Spanish Nationals and decided to follow me out. I flew, they hitch-hiked. When they got to the motorway in Kent, they flipped a coin to see who'd take the map and who'd take the pen to make signs - I can't remember who got what.

I had a great weeks' jumping and on the last day, half an hour after all the aircraft had gone, Mike arrives! He took it very well considering he'd had 6 days on the road!

An hour later Nigel arrives on the back of a motorbike, wearing his jumpsuit and is soaking wet. He'd been caught in a torrential hail storm out in the open and uprooted a metal road sign to cover his head. The noise was so loud from the hailstones he was half deaf!

We managed to scam our way on to some demo jumps at the World Aeromedelling championships near Madrid (out of this Buffalo) and then I flew, and they hitch-hiked, home!