Jordy

Anyone trained at pudding hill Christchurch New Zealand??

I did not train at pudding hill but have jumped there.

the main jump area at christchurch when i was there 1999-2000 was wigram which is on the edge of christchurch its a good size landing area an old airforce base i beleive. alot of the non airside area has has housing built on it in 99/2000.
Pudding hill was the country house of the owner of the DZ at christchurch it is a grass strip by the house with a hanger. set between 2 rivers. at the base of the mountains by the ski resorts. you fly over them on the way up to altitude. the feature that gives it its name is a pudding basin shaped hill which is just beside the end of runway and its about 1000 ft from memory. so you dont want to be low opening over there. Nice place if a bit remote. not the place i would recomend a beginner to jump. but with a group of othere jumpers a plane and a few drinks for after jumping has finished a great spot.
the only thing i would say is that when we were jumping in christchurch tandems came priority number 1 if you were boarding and a tandem walked in you were off loaded untill the tandem was trained and jumped. even though you would have been up and jumped by the time the tandem was ready to go.

Daedalus

I'm guessing you are talking about the diploma course. I did that course when it was at Wigram. It has moved to Pudding Hill since then. We used to go to Pudding Hill when the weather was no good in Christchurch and the place is awesomely beautiful. Having said that most of New Zealand is pretty good. The course for me was definately a good move. I got a lot of skydives in a short period of time, I got a lot of other training and I got a good job. I think if you are wanting to work in the industry this is a really good option.