batbex

BCPA Scots Meet, UK

Em - just copying and pasting this from an email, but if you have any questions you can PM me - its usually a good laugh and suitabley drunken

Event: BCPA Scots meet
Venue: Skydive St Andrews
Date: Friday 7th may from lunchtime till sun 9th
Aircraft: Dependant on confirmed numbers

The competitions will be the normal 3way, FF, accuracy will be run in line with the new standard BCPA rules and dive pool.

All teams competing must be registered by 9am Saturday morning or you can pre register by emailing Ally Milne at [email protected]
The dropzone has several bunkrooms; £5 a night, this can be booked in advance by emailing Ally. There is also ample area to pitch tents.

The dropzone bar is open till late, prices are cheap and food is available all day. There will be an all
you can eat style barbeque on the Saturday night before the entertainment begins.
Back by popular demand this year is Kevin Mcphillips stage hypnotist and category system instructor. After the hypnotist there will be uni team drinking games. You have been warned! Bonus points for fancy dress and easy access to vodka jelly guaranteed. You also have a chance to win free stuff in the raffle. Tickets can bought all weekend and the winners will be drawn after Sunday lunch.

For students to jump at St Andrews you need to have completed one RAPS jump in the last three months.
Remember to bring your logbooks and current BPA
membership.

Jump prices :
£30 all student jumps
£18 experienced to altitude
Kit hire £10 (£4 back if you pack it)

the more people who confim they're coming the bigger the plane!

> Date: Friday 7th may from lunchtime till sun 9th

Bugger. Already have plans for that Friday evening :-(

Haven't jumped at St A for a while (was almost there the weekend before last but never got around to moving my arse). Never mind, another time.

Should be at the Northerns though. Hopefully the weather will be better than the Southerns...

Hmmm... I'm not sure getting up early and driving 9 hours is the sort of thing to be doing after a heavy night out. Especially if I'm going to have to do the same thing less than 24 hours later.

It was bad enough this last weekend with jumping Sunday and Monday and then driving back over night. Didn't get in until 06:00. Ho hum.

'fraid it'll just have to be the Northerns. :-(

Not that I wouldn't love to come and play - parties are always a good thing! As long as you guys don't go for the big-way record I'll be happy :-)

Dude - where can you possibley live that's nine hours away from St. Andrew's yet makes Strath your local dz?!?
Even Skye's only about 6 hours away :S

but fair enough - 9 hour drive = totally valid excuse

there'll be no 'bigway record'ing, unless we get another plane and even then I've gotta presume the record's at more than a 10-way at the moment

Enjoy the Northerns :)

I have the misfortune of now living in Exeter, on the south coast of that country stuck onto the bottom of Scotland. Strath ain't my closest DZ, but I've still done more jumps there than at Dunkeswell (25 minutes away) since I moved down here.

But I suppose if I were to use the jump numbers argument then Z-Hills is my local... :-p

It does actually take longer to get to St Andrews than Strath anyway. Took me 10 and a half hours the weekend before last :-|

Anyway, have fun at the Scots (I'm sure you will)!

hey just to let guys know, i think we will have another plane for the scotsmeet, a 206 to add to the 185 we normally have, so up to ten ways are possible...

i say possible, but the chances of 10 hungover students gettin together in the sky, out of 2 cessnas are pretty slim! [:/]

cya there anyways!
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

if it is as good as last year then its worth goin just for the partying!

especially kevin on the hypnotism, i dont think id laughed so much in my life before! :D

so you should definately try and head up with your guys if you can babe :)
www.ewancowie.com

hey just to let guys know, i think we will have another plane for the scotsmeet, a 206 to add to the 185 we normally have, so up to ten ways are possible...

i say possible, but the chances of 10 hungover students gettin together in the sky, out of 2 cessnas are pretty slim! [:/]

cya there anyways!

Yeah we got the 206 for it, looking forward to doing that 10 way!

Malboy how was the pub last night?

fair enough, i stand corrected. didnt realise bryan had such a special place in your heart bex!!

cant wait for the scotsmeet, i need a good partay.

you gonna be there the whole time?

ex
www.ewancowie.com

Bloody hell - where did all these St.Andrew's dz.commers suddenly come from?
and you do realise that's called thread-hijacking Ewan! :P

Could likewise do with a good partay - as will have just handed in my dissertation on that friday - though my finals are a mere 2 weeks later :S

Will see what the boyf's doing and if his shoulder's mended by then

Bloody hell - where did all these St.Andrew's dz.commers suddenly come from?

Surprised me too, I didn't know some of them had DZ.com accounts!

Will see what the boyf's doing and if his shoulder's mended by then

It was all that bouncing about the tunnel that did it. [:/] A lesson for everyone here - freeflying is bad for you...mmkay. :P Seriously though, heres hoping it will heal up so he can get back up in the air again asap.

you do realise that's called thread-hijacking Ewan

And in order to keep it on-topic myself, I shall copy-and-paste the latest news on the hypno-show:

I had some excellent reactions to last year's show "Rivertrance") from observers and volunteers. In this year's show ("Dogstars* "), I'll be picking up the pace, and trying out new routines for the public shows.

So, if you're coming to the meet, remember not to forget your imagination (relax....)

lol! :D
I was including you in that Tom! - I already knew Ally(and Graeme and Gordy) had accounts - not you and Ewan though!

and yes - freeflying is bad :P evidently Dr said he'd be up and jumping within a couple of weeks (being a nice girlfriend, I've chosen to believe this 'version' of what the Dr actually said!)

nice save with the hypnotist bit by the way
it was fab last year though - girl falling in love with a space hopper and getting all agro at another girl for hopping on it :D bring it on...

hey just thought id hijack the thread again by saying that everyone who wasnt up this weekend missed out big time, as we had 2 planes and PERFECT weather the whole weekend! B| got a bit of a suntan meself.

i predict that it will be like this at the scotsmeet, although with more students and hence more drinkin and drunken shenannegans!

gonna be a blast, cant wait!
www.ewancowie.com

oh and we also got the youngest 5 way speed star ever, 3 x 19 year olds a 20 year old and a 23 year old, most of us with under a hundred jumps!

so i think you should all buy me, tom, ally, ruth and cat red a beer! :)
p.s it was easy, even tho ally nearly burbled the whole thing [again] :D
www.ewancowie.com