Auryn

Has anyone Had a Phantom SQAURE reserve ride ?

I currently have, and have always had, a phantom 180 square reserve... If I have to use it, what can I expect about how it flies ??? please give me your experience if you have it !!!

Bryan

A-33374

251 jumps.. trying to set the world record for the most jumps with an A license.

Blue Ones !

I have three rides on my Phantom 145. Lands fine. Flies like a seven cell.

I loaded mine about 1.2 to 1 at the times I used it. Drop Zone elevations were sea level on 2 and about 1500 feet on the third. I had 1000+ jumps. If your wingloading is reasonable and you have good canopy skills you should be fine.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I have three rides on my Phantom 145. Lands fine. Flies like a seven cell.

Good to hear that their reserves flare. I've only flown one of National's square mains, a Renegade 220 (at 170 lbs suspended), and it had a very weak flare, even when flaring aggressively. National had a brake line mod available for it to improve the flare.

I still prefer their round canopies; at least you don't expect to stand it up.

Peter Chapman

I flew a phantom 180 on my nineth jump. What a way to start in the sport. It flew just fine. Like any other 7 cell f-111 canopy. It was loaded 1 to 1. I flew it back from a long spot and made an on tarket stand up landing. Flares just fine. You have no worries mate!

On the Journey of Life! Want a Ride?