skycat

DZ politics

I think the whole DZ politics thing just sucks. I like to jump at many DZs as often as possible and even when I lived in Hawaii where there were 3 DZs all on the same landing area I made a point of being friends with all the jumpers because it really does not matter WHERE you jump just THAT you jump.

I work at a DZ in Northern California and of course show a certain amount of loyalty to them but I hate when skydivers take the politics so seriously that they treat people who jump at other DZs like their personal rivals. It is really lame and childish and worse yet when they bash other people for jumping at different drop zones. Its like grow up.

It reminds me of the out of control testosterone ridden football or hockey fanatic who picks a fist fight with another person just because they are wearing the shirt or jersey of a different team who happen to be competing with their team in the game.

They way I see our sport and life in general is that everyone may not be my favorite person but I would still feel a loss if any of them died or got killed. Because our sport always can pose that risk I like to think of fellow jumpers as brothers and sisters who share the love no matter where they skydive. It is a shame when people discriminate against others because of DZ politics and it negates the comradery that makes our sport so special.

Peace.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

It used to bug me a lot more than it does now. Right now, I'm jumping more for the present than for the future. Whenever I get too het up about building my future reputation, or protecting what shreds of it remain, I get het up. When I want to jump with the "right" people and they're busy or whatever, I get het up.

what does "het up" mean?
I thought it was a typo- but you used it 3 times.

Google "het up"

"Meaning
Agitated.
Origin
Het is a shortened form of heated. "

Or Head Extremely Tight...B|
Even Hands Evenly Tied?:$:P
Could lead to Handing Everyone TequilaB|
Or the Pilot's favourite, Height Equals Titties;):ph34r:

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson