geronimo

FAQ USPA Proxies

Frequently Asked Questions about the USPA Proxy Statement

First a correction to my previous posts.
The 3 issues on the proxy statement are all considered ONE proxy, not 3 as I had mentioned earlier. This is one of the legal nomenclature aspects that I, and many others, did not know. The proper terminology is that one proxy is being solicited and it has three issues on it.

------------------------
* Do I need to send in a proxy?
* How will a quorum be established?
* When will a quorum be established?
* Will a quorum be established for each issue on the proxy?
* May I assign my proxy to someone besides the USPA President?
* What is the process to count proxies submitted by members?
* What is the validation process for proxies submitted at the GMM?
* Can this proxy be used for another issue?
------------------------

* Do I need to send in a proxy?

If you will be at the July 11, 2003 General Membership Meeting of the United States Parachute Association you do NOT have to send in a proxy.

If you will NOT be at the July 11, 2003 General Membership Meeting of the United States Parachute Association you may send in a proxy to represent your wishes on each issue.

You are not required to send in a proxy or attend the GMM. In this case your wishes will not be represented at the meeting.

* How will a quorum be established?

A quorum will be the sum total of all USPA members present, all proxies assigned to the USPA President and all proxies assigned to any other USPA members in attendance. All proxies will be validated against the USPA membership roster and must have an original signature.

* When will a quorum be established?

A quorum will be established at a point prior to a call for vote. The USPA President will determine the procedure.

* Will a quorum be established for each issues on the proxy?

There is only one proxy. The proxy has three issues or questions. A mark yes or no for any one of the issues will count towards establishing a quorum.

* May I assign my proxy to someone besides the USPA President?

Yes. You may assign your proxy to any USPA member in good standing. That member must attend the meeting to submit your proxies. That member also has the option of not submitting your proxy.

* What is the process to count proxies submitted by members?

Counting the tallies per issue is a housekeeping item that will be determined by the USPA President. Proxies held by the USPA President as well as those held by USPA members present will be counted.

* What is the validation process for proxies submitted at the GMM?

A validation process will be established on site. The USPA President will determine the logistics of this.

* Can this proxy be used for another issue?

The proxy may only be used for the 3 issues on it. No other issue that has a call for vote at the GMM may use these proxies.

If you have any other questions that are not addressed here please feel free to contact anyone on the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, the USPA President or the USPA Executive Director.

Constitution and Bylaws Committee
Mike Mullins, Chair michaelmullins_AT_skydivekingair.com
Jan Meyer Aerosoftware_AT_MakeItHappen.com
Gary Peek peek_AT_freefall.com
Scott Smith sesmith4_AT_mindspring.com
John Goswitz USPANCdir_AT_attbi.com

USPA President
Glenn Bangs ggbangs_AT_aol.com

USPA Executive Director
CNeedels_AT_uspa.org

replace _AT_ with @

---
This FAQ was compiled by Jan Meyer based on emails among Mike Mullins, Chris Needels and myself.
It does not necessarily represent official USPA policy. It is provided for informational purposes only in an effort to better serve the USPA membership.
---
---
I have a dream that my posts will one day will not be judged by the color of the fonts or settings in a Profile but by the content.
Geronimo_AT_http://ParachuteHistory.com