teason

Attention Canadian Buyers; UPS Duties

I've noticed Duty charges on shipments brokered by UPS, I've been charged 3% twice.

Parachutes (8840.00.10.00) and accessories (8840.00.20) are exempt when they are coming from the US.

UPS is making you pay duty you shouldn't be paying. Check your bills, you should be entitled for a refund.

You may need a certificate of origion from the company but that can easily be arranged.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

You can broker shipments through by downloading the B3 form on PDF from Canada customs website, although someone once told me that you can only do your own brokerage in Manitoba. (don't know if that's true or not).

If you can find out where you can broker stuff in BC, I can help you with the form.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b3-3/b3-3-fill-04b.pdf

Tim
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

3% is nothing!
I deeply resent the $35 or $45 "brokerage" fee they like to tack onto every shipment!
Last year, I almost went broke paying brokerage fees on all the free stuff sent by American manufacturers to a CSPA Riggers' Course.

I too, resent paying the outrageous fees charged by those unscrupulous sharks.. >:(

Fedex is no better. >:(

Whenever i buy things in the U.S, i spend a LOT of time, telling the people i'm dealing with, to avoid using UPS or Fedex. I ask them to ship USPS, whenever possible.

Yves.