AndreLB3

Brothers in Skydiving?

Hopefully this shouldn't be in the "Safety and Training" section...

I recently read about "Sisters In Skydiving" in the last USPA email blast. For those of you who didn't read it, basically its a "Big Sister" mentoring program where they match new female jumpers up with experienced ones to help guide, support, teach, etc.

As a post AFF student working towards my A and trying to learn as much as possible, this interested me greatly. The only problem is, I am not a female.

My question is, can I do anything like this? Due to my work schedule, finances, and distance to my DZ, I can only jump about two days out of the month (4 jumps a day). Because of this, I haven't really made friends with any jumpers, employees, or coaches. It doesn't help either that every AFF jump and coach jump comes with a new instructor. So, is it possible to maybe hire a coach/mentor for a day (pay for his time and his jump tickets) to help me through my remaining coach jumps, packing, and well, EVERYTHING? Am I even allowed to hire someone not affiliated with the DZ with a coach rating to do my coach jumps and sign off on my A card? It would just be nice and more comfortable to have someone with me all day that I could talk to about anything and everything.

Thanks for your insight,
Andrew

yes lots of places have coaches that are willing to jump with you for $$$$$ A tunnel coach is also a very good and probably better option to improve your flying skills as you can have instant feedback and correction. My favorite coach has been Chirs Irwin http://tunneltime.com/ or go see my Buddy Suga Ray Kubiak out in Eloy before the end of October or see him in NC at XP. You spend an hour with either of those guys and you will be flying better then most folks with 500 jumps

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.