PowerPixie

Lotus 170

i put ~400 jumps on one, at a wingloading of 1.3 or so.

openings were snivelly, probably 800 feet or so. the direction i would end up going was pretty random however. never violent spins or line twists, generally 90-180 off heading though.

packing was no different than any other zero-p canopy. it will pack larger than a non air-locked main.

flare was great, long recover arc so timing it was easy.

landing, see flare.

windy days can be fun with an air-locked canopy, since they don't like to collapse on their own. using a toggle or riser to get it on the ground helps. i would then walk up the birdle to keep it from reinflating while i gathered it up.

turbulence wasn't an issue. on days when others were getting rough rides and 'accordioning', i would just ride through. please note, this is not a reason to go looking for turbulence, or jumping on a day when you wouldn't with a non air-locked canopy.

edited to add: very heavy on front risers compared to a my current sabre2 150. couldn't hold it for very long, or very far down.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

kingbunky

i put ~400 jumps on one, at a wingloading of 1.3 or so.

openings were snivelly, probably 800 feet or so. the direction i would end up going was pretty random however. never violent spins or line twists, generally 90-180 off heading though.

packing was no different than any other zero-p canopy. it will pack larger than a non air-locked main.

flare was great, long recover arc so timing it was easy.

landing, see flare.

windy days can be fun with an air-locked canopy, since they don't like to collapse on their own. using a toggle or riser to get it on the ground helps. i would then walk up the birdle to keep it from reinflating while i gathered it up.

turbulence wasn't an issue. on days when others were getting rough rides and 'accordioning', i would just ride through. please note, this is not a reason to go looking for turbulence, or jumping on a day when you wouldn't with a non air-locked canopy.

edited to add: very heavy on front risers compared to a my current sabre2 150. couldn't hold it for very long, or very far down.

Identical experience.