pd190

Help with some political types at the DZ.

I'm hoping to find anyone out there is has dealt with a public airport BOD. My dropzone wants to make improvements to the club by building a bigger hangar. The problem is everything has to go in front of a committee of selected individuals who serve as the Airport BOD. They even have guys who sit on a hangar committee. Basically, my DZO wants to put up a new building. He's met with the hangar committee guys, and the BOD. They are stalling. They say that it might cause problems when they do an airport expansion in 20 years. He's even met with the guys who designed the plans for the expansion.
Anyone know how/where to get any FAA/USPA help with this???
Here's the kicker......a flight charter business located on the same airport went before the BOD in the same meeting and got approved the same night. My DZO has been waiting for an approval for about 6 months. Does this sound like skydiver discrimination??? I think it does.
Sure, there probably is more to it than what I know, but if anyone can point me in the right direction here, it would greatly appreciated.