jzzsxm

Bev Suit add-on clarifications

I'm looking into buying a Bev Suit, Competition style. I've been going over the order form and there are a few options that I can't figure out. This'll be my first jumpsuit and I will definitely be asking people at my DZ about fabric options etc, but there are some Bev-specific things I'm afraid they may not be able to answer.

Those with Bev suits, do you think you could answer a few of these questions and help me understand what specific ad-ons are? Pictures would be amazing. Thanks a million!

1. Velcro Zipper Tab - does this cover the whole zipper or is it just a little thing by the neck to keep the zipper from going down?
2. Tape Color (subcategory under grippers) - what is this "tape?" Where is it and what does it do?
3. Stripes/Stripes w/ pin - are these the diagonal stripes on the grippers that I've seen in pictures? Is the "pin" the edging on the stripes or something else?
4. Majik Stripe - what's this look like?
5. What material, if not Cordura, are the grips?
6. Swoop cords - what are these? I'm a beginner so it sounds like I won't need them, but I'm curious what they are and what they look like.
7. Square grip - people seem to like them but I don't know what they are.
8. Slip-on forearms - what are these and what do they look like?

Thank you so much guys, and I'd love pictures of jumpsuits in general for help with color-picking. Show off a bit!

That's starting to be a list of questions best answered over a beer at the DZ!

Or talk to the company and they can make recommendations based on your experience, desired type of jumping, body size, etc

Edit: It is true that many skydiving gear websites are maddeningly vague about the details of their gear, even if in this case the O.P. is just new to jumpsuit buying so some standard terms are unknown.

While you'll likely get some answers here, you should know that you can call or email Bev and get answers directly from the source. After all, she knows her suit options better than anyone else. ;)

And I'm not being an asshole, really... there is a Bev at Bev Suits and she really will answer your questions about the suits they make.

I definitely plan on asking many/most of these questions but the more advice/help the better. Also, I'm not necessarily asking if I should get these things, I just want to know what they are and what they look like, I figure the odds are better asking the internet than finding examples of each thing at the DZ. It'll also help any future diggers of info find it online.

I'm surprised the Bev Suit website doesn't have example pictures!

you should know that you can call or email Bev and get answers directly from the source. After all, she knows her suit options better than anyone else.

Do you think she'd send pictures? I'll definitely end up chatting with her before ordering, but I think I'll wait until I've asked a bunch of questions at the DZ first (and waited to see if anybody posts pics here).

Agree with others - ask Bev.

General hints: follow the 3-color rule. No more than 3 colors on any piece of gear. A primary color, secondary color, and an accent color. More than that and it starts to look busy.

Think about areas most likely to get dirty when choosing lighter colors. Grippers get handled a lot by grubby skydiver hands. Butts and knees sometimes make contact with the ground, and butts definitely make contact with airplane seats & floors.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

From the bev suit website:

There are lots of ways to get ahold of us.

Address:

Bev Suits
8398 Lyon Valley Rd.
New Tripoli, PA 18066

Phone: +1 610-285-6994

Email: [email protected]

And, if you are going through a dealer (you should; always support your local dz gear store), Ask your dealer! They will know the product.

You should use a local dealer. That way, if there is a mistake, you can let them take care of it.