skydiverbob

Another Marine deserter

I guess this would bring the total to 3.

http://www.msnbc.com/local/kmtr/d-73b0b66d-21bd-4f64-a468-032d9e20feec.asp?vts=4420031059

Portland-area marine arrested as a deserter

April 04, 2003 - After failing to report for active duty in the Persian Gulf, a U.S. Marine reservist from Portland has been arrested as a deserter. Robert Sandifer was assigned to the Eugene-based Company A of the Sixth Engineer Support Battalion, which is currently in Iraq.

(Portland-AP) -- After failing to report for active duty in the Persian Gulf, a U-S Marine reservist from Portland has been arrested as a deserter.

Robert Sandifer signed up as a Marine reservist about five years ago to get money to attend Southern Oregon University, where he majored in art.

The 28-year-old is one of seven Oregon reservists in the Marine battalion who have been declared deserters. He is the first to be caught.

Military officials told The Oregonian newspaper that Sandifer was apprehended as he arrived for work as a baggage handler at Portland International Airport.

Sandifer was assigned to the Eugene-based Company A of the Sixth Engineer Support Battalion, which is currently in Iraq.

A spokesman for the unit says Sandifer is now on his way to the brig and possibly faces court martial.
Who Dares Wins

Say bye-bye to college...career...etc...

To say that's unfortunate is kindness...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!