Zeemax

anyone any good with M/S ??

ok, really pissed off now. Last night for no reason my PC gets all upset. I cant now have 2 windows of any microsoft programme open withoout one instantly crashing. No 2 explorer windows, or explorer and word etc. This is causing me major problems at the moment as i cant use outlook. Well i can, but i cant reply because it opens word and the whole thing crashes. I've used norton and it doesn't pick up anything. I'm just really confused. You try to open something and up pops that really nnoying message...

Explorer has had to close blah blah blah.. tell microshit so we can do absolutely nothing about it...??

Has anyone got ANY ideas on what i can do? really need to sort this out soon :(
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Not to sound flip, but maybe you want to consider one of the open source UNIX OS's like Linux or FreeBSD.

I use them both and ignore Windows as much as I possibly can.

As to your current predicament, if nothing else has been changed, added , subtracted, installed, or otherwise changed lately and this just started to happen on its own, you might have a piece of memory go bad on you or other hardware issue that has nothing to do with the OS.

Sometimes when memory goes bad all can seem ok until the OS tries to access a specific memory address
which, in your case, may happen once you open enough windows to require the use of that address space.

I'm running XP, and others use it too so i cant change OS :(

this is really doing my head in. Any other checks or things i can do to see whats happening?

HEY XP GURUS!

I don't have a system here running XP (can't stand it), but there should be a system file checker on there somewhere. Someone here with XP must know how to get to it.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

i tried to run that proggy, but nothing happens. Damn this.. :(

cheers for the idea, any other thoughts? this is not helping my buisness as i run it all through e-mails!

I'm running XP, and others use it too so i cant change OS :(

others use it too? but that doesn't mean, that it's good. :$
Do you mean other people use it on the same PC as you do? Ok, then try to convince them to change the OS.
GET LINUX!!!
I was fooling around with these absolutely unnecessary Microsoft-typical problems for a long time. Till i got Linux.B|B|B|

Edit: spelling