FallRate

I jumped a Super Cub!

I've been working at the Thief River Falls, MN airport for a while now, and one of the mechanics at the FBO there has wanted to take me up to watch someone jump out of his plane. Well, today the opportunity presented itself, so I went. Getting out of a Super Cub is no easy task, but it's do-able. And the ride to altitude is very scenic. I'll never forget that jump! :)
FalRate

Impressive. thats tight quarters. but I still wanna get out of this guy's home built plane. Its got a snowmobile motor in it.! ;):)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

How did you exit?

I had to hang both feet out the door, and then scoot forward. There is a bar right above the front seat which made it a bit easier. Had to stand on the gear strut and fall off in front of the wing struts. My biggest worry was getting stuck during the climbout, but it worked. And the pilot had the biggest grin!

As far as beer, it's going to the pilot. He didn't even charge me for gas. There are some very nice people in Northern Minnesota. Not much of a jump season though.

FallRate

I did a Santa Clause jump out of a Super Cub and with all the peices and parts of that costume, including the pillow, it was just Hell getting out. Finally just fell backward out the door and grabbed beard, hat, etc and threw the pilot chute. Still don't know how I got to the ground with the entire costume intact.:o
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.