dterrick

999 and counting...

Ee-yup... this would be the last triple digit post number for me. Funny how time flies.

I came to dropzone.com with fifteen jumps about two years ago knowing absolutely nothing about skydiving or the true culture it represented - except that I was already addicted. Now, with two full seasons under my own canopy and countless kegs consumed with my skydiving bretheren I feel like one of "us".

Not a mindless post-whore, mind you. Yes, I've had a few decent one liners but there's a time and a place for such frivolity. and winter time in Canada is it - so watch out!

Not a know it all, either. Now would be the time to pay homage to Sangiro for providing the forum to let me - no, ALL of us - be better educated skydivers than we would otherwise be without this wonderful venue. Once, a grizzled veteran of the sport (most of his jumps were back in the ol' days of rounds and early squares) sugested there was NO WAY a two hundred jump wonder knew enough about skydiving to warrant a D license and call themselves a "Master". I'll agree that 200 landings is 200 landings but I'd wager that a dropzone.com regular (like myself) is wise beyond simple jump numbers. there's far more to the sport we call skydiving today than there was when spotting was THE critical skill. May the progress continue, safely.

I look forward to the day when I'm a grizzled veteran and I can tell stories about how "F-111" canopies actually wore out and the newbies in the sport say "Geez that must have been rough, how did you guys ever survive without prepared runways and belly mounted landing gear for your birdman suits". Hey who knows, it could happen in my lifetime.

As for now, well... Gold post before gold wings. Pity.

And for the avatar, TeleWhovians unite! It was time for a change. Maybe the Badgers got to me ;)

Blue Skies to all, and may they be warm enough to play with!

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about but what I do know is.. the more you jump the more you realize how badly you suck.. I sure wish I had 170 jumps again.. I was sooooo badass.. ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures