FunBobby

PD's superior service - awesome!

A little while ago, I decided to get a new canopy for my second / backup rig. My primary rig, a Vector 3, has a PD Stiletto 135 for the main. My backup rig is a Javelin, and that had previously held a Triathlon 160. For a number of good reasons, I still wanted a 7-cell canopy as my 2nd main, and I wanted something moderately larger (than my Stiletto).

I ordered a Spectre 150 in custom colors, and it arrived 8 weeks later as promised. Now I know that it can take some time to “break in” a new canopy, but as I put some jumps on my new Spectre, I noted some flying characteristics that seemed very strange even for a new canopy. I discussed those with a number of very knowledgeable folks, and on their advice, put in a call to PD. I spoke to Donna in maintenance and discussed my canopy’s quirks with her; she was very pleasant and advised me to ship the canopy to PD (on their FedEx account) for inspection and testing. She promised they would make things right one way or another.

They got the canopy 2 days later; every other day after that, I got either a phone call or email from someone at PD letting me know how things were going. After some adjustments and a few test jumps (by none other that Graham Harding, I’m told), PD pronounced the canopy fit and within all specs.

I just got the canopy back and put a few jumps on it this weekend, and PD certainly cured anything that was ailing that Spectre. It opens softly and on heading, flies solidly (even in a front riser carving turn), flares and lands very nicely… and damn, it looks really good too: Clicky.

PD has been great throughout this whole process. Original delivery was as promised, and service was courteous, fast, and very smooth - in a word, outstanding. Thanks, PD!

FunBobby

Yep... I completely agree... I ordered a custom Sabre2 170 in February. It was completed on schedule but did not pass one of their inspections and they had to rebuild it, so they sent me a nearly-new demo canopy (I didn't even have to ask) that I could use, at no charge, in the meantime until my canopy was done. The demo arrived in time to jump it that weekend. They then rebuilt my canopy within another 2 weeks or so and I was jumping it within 3 weeks. Both Kolla and Sandy were SO friendly and helpful too!

I can't possibly say enough nice things about PD's customer service. They were very, very cool with me after my Sabre2 got pretty mangled (a few broken lines, tears, etc.) from a canopy collision in March 03.

I got constant updates about the repairs. When it was all done, I got a call from Donna who almost apologetically told me the total cost. I nearly fell out of my chair because it was so ridiculously low. Let's just say it was less than 1/4 of what I had been assuming the bill would be.

About 300 jumps later on that same canopy and it still flies good as new. Do you think any of this factored into my decision to buy a Katana last week? You bet.