tandembrent

1st jump in a while, and i had to pull all the handles

so i'm current, barely. and my 1st jump this morning , a tandem, has a mid-canopy line-over. this is my first tandem of the season mind you, and i'm in the saddle my passenger is mostly aware, and i'm almost laughing at the irony of it all!

understand that i was completely aware and tuned to everything that was going on, but I was not ever really bothered by what was going on, just that i had to "Do" the required proceedures and my world would be OK! this was a hairy spinning (fast) situation, and it was almost like i was pulling over in the car because of a flat tire or something.

am I officially crazy or something? how many of you guys or girls are that confident in their riggers, or your emergency proceedures? i ask this as a serious question, not to sound like a "skygod" or know-it-all. it just struck me, that i was never, repeat never, stressed during the whole ride!

brent

~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

I know what you mean - you have to wonder some times - The first thing I did after my first cutaway was try to collapse the slider on my reserve - second one I was kinda prepared for it cuz it was packed late at night during the WFFC last year (even made the video:)I just had this thing re-packed two days ago";)

I wouldn't say that I have "complete" faith in any rigger. I mean, I trust the guys but hey, we're all human and we all make mistakes. On top of that, I have seen a tandem master land a reserve with a line over and both him and the student walked away. Ya just never know- Until then, I'll just have to send out a few more cases of beer to my rigger and hope it keeps the voodoo to a minimumB|

Peace
Z

OK, complete faith might have been a little over stated.

just sort-of makes you wonder sometimes though!

the free bag and pilot chute were less than 24 hours from being new out of the package, lost it to the lake. the main was in the water for a few hours also until a boat was found! my DZ'O was having a bad morning, to say the least.

well off to find more new students and customers.
peace!

Speaking as an AIRPLANE pilot (not a canopy pilot) my congratulations. That is EXACTLY where you should be with your procedures. Murphy can pop on the first jump/flight of the season, or the thousandth. Know the procedures, DO the procedures, handle whatever comes next. There is PLENTY of time for your hands to shake (spoken from personal experience) AFTER you land. Till then, be professional.
Good Job!!!
Hartwood Paracenter - The closest DZ to DC!

thanks!!

that really means a bunch! oh, by the way had another minor mal this afternoon, a broken B-line on the right side. i landed that one, and the cost to Ron is minimal this time. i must be getting them out of the way early!

peace,
brent