bvsdjumper

Screen capture WFFC web cam???

Does anyone know how to save a screen cap of the WFFC web cams? I just saw Winnie The Pooh at manifest. I wanted to take his picture, but when I hit Alt-PrintScreen and pasted into Paint, it was all black where screen cap should have been. I've seen the Alt-PrintScreen thing work for other streaming video.

I have Windows XP and am using Internet Explorer. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

It's probably using DirectShow to stream the video. If you have a newer videocard, the rendering of the video will be taken over by the videocard. PrintScreen is Windows level and can't handle that. You need one of them utilities for taking DirectX-rendered screenshots. They're typically used for games.

Edited to add: First shot at searching download.com returned this: http://www.download.com/Screenshot-Magic/3000-2192-10286096.html?tag=lst-0-1

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Thanks! :)
That particular one didn't work even when I picked DirectX, but I'll keep looking.

Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

Thanks! :)
That particular one didn't work even when I picked DirectX, but I'll keep looking.

Art

I used 'snagit' and it didn't work for the 'offical' web cam page, but it seems to work perfectly with the unoffical one...
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I got HyperSnap-DX 5.6.03 to work but I only got 15 days.

If anyone know a free one that works, I'd be interested.

The "unofficial one..." ?????

Edit to add: Found the unofficial one :D. PrintScreen works for that! :)

--Art

I just hit the print screen button and then paste it somewhere and crop appropriately....

Yeah, that works on yours ;) I can't even get capture programs that are supposed to work with DirectX to capture anything on the offical page.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality