heidihagen

high-Res photo of manhattan shortly after 9/11

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/wtc/images/wtc-photo.jpg it's hard to believe it's been four years. my first nephew was born 9/9/01, i think that's the only reason i remember his age/bday... anyway, i don't have much to say.
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Amazing isn't it? It was even crazier to see ground zero in person just a week and a half after 9/11....and is still kinda haunting to see even now 4 years later and all cleaned up...

I was able to see first hand the destruction after the event. And while it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced, it is a memory I am very glad to have. However I am very happy I wasn't in the city the day it happened. Nevertheless it still impacted me and many of my friends and my family quite greatly...

I'm amazed at how fast they were able to clean up the site and get that section of downtown up and running again. I was just down near the area a few weeks ago and it amazed me. What I wish now is that they would just start rebuliding already. All it looks like right now is a giant hole...

I think it should defintiely give hope to those who experienced the hurricane. While the area of destruction is much larger, it should show them that it is possible to clean up and start over after such a major catastrophe.

*daizey*

If you look at the three red faced buildings at the bottom of the photo and enlage it, you will see our BOO (base of operation) tent and tractor trailer with a blue tarp on it just left of the center building (Century 21 building) at the corner of Church St & Courtlandt St.. We were deployed for 22 days.

Mike Forsythe
FEMA US&R FL-TF2 retired
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I think that should give cynics hope of the rebuild on the Gulf Coast.

yeah, no kidding! so many were shugging that off like "no big deal" ...the front page of todays paper had a big photo of pat o'briens sign going back up...

yes i saw that! towards the bottom (err west?). you can see people filling the streets for blocks right by the church. thank you mike:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce