SkyDiveDoc22

Foot pain

Has anyone ever gotten any pain in the top of their feet? I had 3 jumps yesterday and I have just had this stinging sensation on top of my feet? Landings were fine. Just curious if anyone else has ever had this.
"Id rather shoot for the stars and miss, than aim for the gutter and make it."
~Danny Trejo

Ya i have a pair of nike shocks that I wear. They are kinda old. Might invest in a new comfy pair. I dont think it helped that the rig didnt have much padding around the groin and my legs were some what asleep under canopy lol. Cant wait to get my own rig.
"Id rather shoot for the stars and miss, than aim for the gutter and make it."
~Danny Trejo

Skydiving can be hard on the feet even when your landings seem OK. I know the kind of pain you are suffering. It happened to me. This summer I got a pain on the bottom of my left foot and when I was bending forward for instance to fix my shoes, I was feeling like a dozen of razor blades cutting the sole of my foot.
My doctor explained it to me and I am pretty sure that explanation is good also for the top of the foot. My doctor said the foot is made of many tiny articulations between bones and just the force applied on the foot from a landing is compressing those articulations and they get slightly damaged, get swolen and start hurting.
Before jumping we should maybe warm up our feet by submitting them to some stretch moves like standing up near a wall, put a foot against it at 45 degrees and keep your body near the wall. You will feel a tension both in your foot and muscle behind your tibia. You can also rotate your foot and flex your toes to give them a good warm up.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.