Skolls081102

Computer help needed- getting screen capture off a DVD

I need to get a screen capture off of the movie Office Space. I have the scene paused where I want it, but I cant seem to find a way to save the picture on the screen. There is a print button (but my printer is out of ink) so I need to save it and bring it to a friends house to print out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

You can't do it that way. The image isn't in the computer, it's actually sitting in the memory on the video card.

Go into the properties for your video card and turn Overlay off. Then it will framebuffer through the computer memory and you can use screen print to capture it.

You can also go to download.com and do a search for capture software that will pull images from your video card's frame buffer, too.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Kris is right - to vidcap a DVD, you need to dump the buffer on the video card, and "Print Screen" won't do it.

I would look on Tucows or Download for an applet that will do the job (if you don't want to mess with your system settings).

See also dvdhelp.com

As for me, I usually rip the sections of the DVD that I want to do captures from and save them as MPEGs. From there I can make all the screen captures I want.

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Play it in windows media player and shut overlays off in that. Tools -> options, performance, advanced, "use overlays"... if I remember. Then you can take a screenshot.

Good catch, you can do it there as well!

It's Tools > Options > Performance tab > Advanced.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Am i the only one who got software with his dvd drive that has a screen capture capability? it really is that easy.

Intervideo WinDVD allows a cap by pressing "P", and saves it as a bmp.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."