GiaKrembs

Friends with your ex.

Uh, no.

I think men and women are different like that. Guys think they can have a back up for getting laid and girls don't really need one. (oh relax, I'm not talking about ALL guys and girls!) :D

I guess it depends on who does the breaking up and whether or not one of the people still wanted to stay together. Personally, I'd never want to hook up with any of my exes. I'll talk to them, email, give and get advice, party with them, jump with em, etc. I'll even help them get laid if I can, but it ain't gonna be by me. ;) Once I'm done, I'm done. Flick the switch off.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Each relationship I've been in has impacted my life. Each man has offered different beauties to my life. For this I feel it would be wrong to dismiss them.

I'm sure if the circumstances were different, I'd feel differently. Even someone who has been hurtful towards me, I still pray that one day that person will find peace in his heart and we can be on good terms.

I'll admit I've harbored anger in the past. I've also found it to be a waste of energy. So I try to focus on the positive light of each relationship.

I'm sure you're aware the skydiving community is very small, and well, 2 out 3 of my ex.'s are skydivers. I know that I will see these men, and I'd rather do it on good terms than be uncomfortable. Not to mention they are kick-ass guys and people I enjoy talking to / hanging with. B|

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Honestly, I find the whole back-up plan to be degrading for either party. Personally, I'd be quite insulted if I knew that someone thought of me that way. The truth is that some of us actually care about our exes. We don't just have feelings for them strictly on a sexual level.

I recently found out that a guy that I was in a very serious relationship with (close to marriage) about 7 years ago is now happily married. His wife is expecting their first child this month. I was genuinely very, very happy in my heart when I found out. I want for my exes to find love and happiness with or without me. They're good people and deserve good things to happen in their lives.

Edited for friends: The ex that I am referring to is someone, who I lived with 7 years ago, not my last ex. :)

lol, how about..."I think men and women are different like that. Guys think they can have a back up for getting laid and girls think they can have a back up for a husband..."

ruh-oh...stoney's goin in the dog house now...

and actually, i've known plenty of females that kept the string attached for *getting laid* so, IMO, that's def a 2-way street.

perhaps i am confused though, another poster put it rather simply: "there is a diff b/w being friends and being 'on good terms'.

if the switch is off permanently, it's not really a "switch" because switches, by definition go off *and* on. sounds to me like you're describing a clean break and move along...
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

if the switch is off permanently, it's not really a "switch" because switches, by definition go off *and* on. sounds to me like you're describing a clean break and move along...

Oh now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. :D

Yeah, I have a little switch on my back that you can just turn on and off. Doesn't everyone?

What-ev-ahhhhhh!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

i do not consider boyfriends that i quit seeing "ex" anything...i thought the she meant husbands...the people i know that have many ex-husbands all have problems...sorry to have sounded mean...i am not...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
my tandem changed my life....i have never done it from behind....and i liked it....