skydiverbry

Back Surgery

I think this is ok in this fourm. As alot of ya know I have compression fraccture of T-11,I was just wondering has anyone had vertebralplasty/Balloon kyphoplasty on them? Results,outcome ,complications,pain relief? Any thoughts would be great because that looks like where I am headed. BLUE SKIES BRYAN:|:|
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Kypoplasty is a very suscessful operation for an acute compression fx. ie occured less then 9 months ago. Pain relief is the number one reason to go thru with the procedure. The bone itself will have cement pressed into it. This will make the bone extremely stable. That being said, the vertabrae directly above or below ie T10 and T12 will have a higher probability of sustaining a subsequent compression. Complication rate is extremely low. Usually done as an overnight or in and out procedure.
ignorance is not bliss

So,I am goin' take a geuss,that in your profile "health care" means neurosurgeon? I also noticed ya live in Pa. Hit me with an e-mail or PM me,I personnelly have a long history in respiratory care & EMS (Paramedic). Like to have kinda second opinion,before I really talk to my Doc. BLUE SKIES Bryan:|
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)