pchapman

Flight Concepts / Glide Path reserve details?

Can someone confirm that all of the Flight Concepts or Glide Path reserves are or were built without stabilizers?
(eg, Cricket, Fury, Maverick,...)

I know that generally they are, but am not sure that it is that way for ALL.

The main canopy equivalents generally have stabilizers that start at the B-line attachment, while the outer A-line is on its own on a flare. Does that hold true for all of Flight Concepts / Glide Path F-111 canopies? (E.g., including the good old Manta)

Also, on the reserves, at least some do not use a slider stop on the B-line. (Whereas on the main some do.) Again, is this the way it is on all of those canopies?

And yes I'm asking Flight Concepts too.

I'm trying to understand the designs so that when I talk about them I don't make unwarranted statements about the whole range of canopies, for something that is true for only some.

Correct!
Flight Concepts and Glide Path reserves lack stabilizers in an effort to reduce pack volume.

Note that Amigo reserves (built by Free Flight Enterprises) also lack stabilizers, but the flares extending down towards slider stops are wider, probably to prevent entanglements.

Also note that several of the fastest pro pond swooping main canopies lack stabilizers, in an effort to reduce drag. Apparently, above a certain velocity, flapping stabilizers create so much drag that they decrease performance.
On the other end of the scale, classic accuracy canopies have huge vented stabilizers.