mattconn24

Buying my first main

hey guys i am looking into buying my first main. I have read a lot of the info on the DZ site but i still have some questions. I am about 6 foot 1 inch and 240lbs and about 260lbs geared out. i have read that i should try to find a main that will give me a wing load of about 1.0 but i am having trouble finding that. If any of you bigger boned brotheren could help me out any suggestions or manufacturers i should look into that would be greatly appisheated.

Hey Matt,

People are going to need a lot more info about where you are with your skydiving before giving you any recommendations - they won't want to point you in the wrong direction!

The main things will be:

Your previous canopy experience
Your jump numbers
DZ location and altitude above sea level

That said, there are a couple of 'big guy canopy' threads in this forum already, and doubtless you will be told that the best recommendations will come from the instructors at your DZ who have trained you (?) and seen you land...

Good luck! :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Thanks for the info i have found a few threads that i am catching up on and they have been very useful. To me honest I am very new to the sport and I am still making my way through the aff program. I was just getting conserned when i could only find mains as high as 210 and 230. Thanks a lot for your reply.