Para5-0

closing loop placement on Jav

I have read most threads on this but I have a rigging question. I purchased a JAV NJ with a pull out. It wasnt until later, I realized the main closing loop was on the bottom flap with a washer and tape on the back of the cover holding it in place, and the material where it normally would come from was cut out. I have another JAV NJ with the closing loop coming from the bttom rear of the main container.
I admit I like the bottom flap placement much better and would like to convert my other rig. Really it only involves removing the closing pin holder and placing the loop through the bottom flap.

Question? Is this a common or accepted practice? What are the advantages/disadvantages of this transition. I will admit the rig closes beatifully and I have had no issues with it.

Thanks in Advance.

Don't do it.
Normally the grommets are pulled toward the top of the container by the loop. Placeing the loop in the bottom flap alows the top flap to fully extend. A lot of Javalins do not take this well. It puts more preasure on the risor covers and the tuck flap on the main may not close well. A lot of the problems people have with risor covers and main flaps come from over sized mains with too long of a closeing loop. this is the same thing.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Right from the boss's at sunpath...

Well, this is technically not the correct configuration and this is not
an approved modification. Some people do this, and we have seen this
before. The down side is, that you are taking away the flexibilty of
the rig and it can distort the rig from its original design parameters.

If you would like to have the original config, you can send the rig to
us and we can re install a new closing loop retainer in the correct
location.

Thanks Lee I appreciate the input..