BellyFlailer

Don't buy a Gateway

I placed an order for a high end gaming system from Gateway in late april. After the 2nd delay I cancelled my order. That was June 8th. When I cancelled it they told me they'd ship it anyway, and charge my card, I had to refuse the shipment, and my money would be refunded. They said they couldn't stop it from being shipped, and they hoped that I'd keep it anyway once it got there.

But if they ship it, and I refuse the shipment, 4500 sits on my credit card for 3 weeks.

Today they called me to notify me that my computer was delayed again. I told them that I'd cancelled it 12 days ago. They said that somehow the hold on my order was taken off, and it was their error.

Now they're saying that they're going to charge me for it, and I'll have to deny the shipment, even though the damn thing isn't going to come for another few weeks minimum.

It's just their policy to not let people cancel orders. Think about it. They get 1000's of orders. If they get your money even for a few weeks, they make interest on it. Multiply that by 1000's of orders and it's a good little money maker for them to charge your card and refund the money later.

As soon as I know my order is officially cancelled I'm getting an Alienware. The Area 51 is a better system for the same money.

http://www.SkydiveVids.com

Just contact your credit card company and let them know not to allow any charges from Gateway, for any other entity for that kind of money.

They have the ability to stop the shipment, they're pulling your pud...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Just contact your credit card company and let them know not to allow any charges from Gateway, for any other entity for that kind of money.

Exactly. Same thing with people who get suckered in by Skyride. They have the right to tell the credit card company they were scammed and to refuse/remove the charge from their account.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I called my credit card company yesterday and they told me that they couldn't stop the charge if I'd ever authorized it. And I authorized it when I first placed the order.

My credit card company pretty much just tried to sell me their "fraud protection" plan for 7 bucks a month.
I'm gonna call them again, maybe the person I talked to didn't what the F they were doing.

http://www.SkydiveVids.com