packertom

Help with paradactyl manuals

hey all, hope someone can help, we're looking for the manuals for both the single and dual keel paradactyls... hopefully someone has them in a dusty old box somewhere... my partner has both and jumped his dual keel this weekend... just thought it would be nice to actually have the manual instead of making it up as he packed it..

Tom
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

hey all, hope someone can help, we're looking for the manuals for both the single and dual keel paradactyls... hopefully someone has them in a dusty old box somewhere... my partner has both and jumped his dual keel this weekend... just thought it would be nice to actually have the manual instead of making it up as he packed it..

Tom

I have a manual for mine. It's out on loan though, so I can copy it when I get it back with the Dactyl.

Basially though. lie it on it's side like a flat pack, and make the fold from back to front so the whole thing is stacked on the tail. Fold it, put it in the D bag, and turn the D bag 180 so that the nose is now facing forward. Stow and close as normal.

If it's fitted with a nose slider as well as the normal one, bungee that to the nose line. Also, band any excess steering line to a band on the outside canopy lines.

not sure, depends on Lee and the winds... he wants to get both the dual keel and the single keep in the air at the same time for a fomation picture, he likes the dual keep a lot and will probably be jumping it whenever the winds permit, he's not loading it much

I'd actually like to jump it, but I'm not sure my legs would be working after the landing. :P

on the nose of the dual keel there are two pieces of type 4 tape located on either side of the nose... question is what to do with them... it does not have a nose slider like a single keel... also not really clear on how to stow the lines, the dual keel has all of the outside lines on the front riser and all of the keel lines on the rear riser, is this normal? we did not set this canopy up.. have experience with the single keel, but the dual keel has it's own intricasies.

Tom
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

on the nose of the dual keel there are two pieces of type 4 tape located on either side of the nose... question is what to do with them... it does not have a nose slider like a single keel... also not really clear on how to stow the lines, the dual keel has all of the outside lines on the front riser and all of the keel lines on the rear riser, is this normal? we did not set this canopy up.. have experience with the single keel, but the dual keel has it's own intricasies.

Tom

OK, then just ignore the type 4 webbing on the nose if it doesn't have the nose slider. My single keel has the outside and keel lines evenly distributed between front and rear risers, so the double keel one sounds a bit funky the way you describe it. Have a look in Poynters to see if there is a picture of a double keel in there. You might be able to see the line rigging on that. I've actually never seen a double keel Dactyl in the flesh though, so I can't really help you there.

on the nose of the dual keel there are two pieces of type 4 tape located on either side of the nose... question is what to do with them... it does not have a nose slider like a single keel...

Back in 1976 it was common practice to hot knife the nose slider. This was a dactyl performance mod. I did so to my single keel. Does the type 4 tape have a grommet with two lines passing throught them? If so put a rubberband on the center noseline. Fold up the type 4 tape and put it inside the rubber band. This mod was supposed to make therm fly better(it let the nose open further). I am way too fat now for a single keel, but I knew I guy in the 70's that was built like a bowling ball and probably was over 250 that jumped a duel keel.

Alan