freefallfreak

Love/Hate relationship with the VA

Well, after spending 8 days in ICU at the VA in Birmingham this last week I've decided that I've got a love/hate relationship with the Veteran's Hospital. The treatment a veteran can recieve can be horrible or great, depending on which place you are in and how your attitude is. I tried to keep a good attitude but sometimes it's hard to do that when you are flat on your back with tubes sticking out of every orifice in your body and can't do anything for yourself. I got really good treatment up to the point where I couldn't do anything for myself and then got frustrated and took it out on anyone that got near me. I guess we all have to learn some things for ourselves. All in all, keep a good head on your shoulders and try to be a good patient and things work well. It all worked out good in the end and I'm now back home after a couple of good scares and can only say this about the experience. I owe my life to some good people who work very hard for very little money to keep this nation's Veterans healthy and alive. I thank them all every day now and plan on contributing a little time to our guys laying in hospitals after the things that put them there.

Hey, just a little praise for those people, guys. They do a good job with what little the government gives them to work with. Remember that the next time you pass a VA hospital and think of the guys laying up there with missing limbs and body parts that were sacrificed for all of us.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

I am lucky enough to live in the town with the Highest rated VA hospital in the U.S. I can't say enough good things about the care I receive there. My praise goes out to each and every employee at this facility. I have always been treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. I know that all facilities are not like ours. I have heard some real horror stories. I thank my lucky stars that I am where I am. Kudos to the Helena, Mt. VA Hospital.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.