riddler

Funny kid stories - #1

My 20-month old is a real clown - she loves to do whatever just to see us laugh. One of her hobbies is crawling around on the floor and picking up tiny pieces of dirt and handing them to us. We teach her to say "please" and when she gives us something, we say "thank you", and she does the same. She also puts her finger up her nose, but it wasn't until a month or so ago, that she realized that there's stuff up there that she can dig out, too. Usually, I tease her about it and say things like "let me know if you find anything good up there." ;) I work from home with computers, so I get to play with her a lot during the day. When she gets frustrated with me working and wants to play, she walks up to me (usually sitting on the floor), slams my laptop closed, grabs my hands and drags me to the play area. It's all very cute.

Until you put them all together. The other day, I was sitting on the floor with the laptop, and it was getting dark because I had been hacking some code out for a few hours. She comes up to me and grunts as if to say "enough, dad", and she's got a piece of dirt from the floor to hand me. Without even looking up too much in the dark, I hold out my hand and absently say "thank you", and the little ingrate proceeds to wipe a giant booger in the palm of my hand :D At first, I didn't even know what it was because it was dark, so I'm playing with it, like "what the heck is this?" Then I run over to the bathroom and wash it off trying not to shudder and get water everywhere. :D The entire time I'm running away and washing, I hear her giggling behind me and chasing me to the bathroom, laughing her little demon-laugh :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD