FrogNog

Question about getting a used Juki DDL 5530

Someone in the next town over has a 15 year-old Juki DDL 5530 for sale for $400, head + table + motor. They say it's been used nearly daily forever.

I understand it's important I be able to get and afford parts and service. I'm not worried about service too much - I think if it's
a major brand it will be as easy and cheap (:S) to get service as any other major brand. (I'm in the Seattle area.)
* Am I right? Does this apply to parts as well?

* Has anyone used this machine and do you know if it sucks?

* What can I or should I check out about this machine to make sure they're not selling it because it needs a lot of expensive parts
replaced? Should I find a repair mechanic and take him with me? :P

In case anyone wonders, I intend to use this machine for sewing denim, plus later any rigging for which it is appropriately weighted
and featured. (I foresee myself buying additional industrial machines for rigging tasks this one can't handle.) I care about nice
straight stitches in manly fabric and I'm ready for speed now. If it'll sew ZP too that's a nice bonus.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Sewing Machine Service in Renton doesn't have a Cerwin working there right now, but they were familiar with the model and told me about its level of suitability for my needs (it's a bit on the light side - probably make a fine canopy machine :)
They also seem to be the bomb, as you say, for used industrials. They had no problem suggesting a beefier alternative machine for a little more money (i.e. still very affordable) that they would make sure had the feed and throat pieces ideal for denim, apparently at no extra charge, if I desired.

*cough* (800) 432-8673 *cough*

Thanks.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.