ryoder

Credit card fraud

Update. I just left the paperwork with my local PD. I need to wait for them to assign a case # to it, then I can request a copy of their records to FAX to the Maine PD. For chrissake, I have electronic copies of the invoice, and the transaction data from AmEx, but I must print everything out and use a technology developed in the 1800's to submit it to them. I wonder when they will advance to the 20th century.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Update Feb 3 09:

I just got off the phone with my local PD.

After my local PD contacted the PD in Maine, the Maine PD made a house call to the shipping address. What they found was a deaf/mute lady who has been accepting shipments for a "friend" she met on MySpace, and forwarding them on. She has never met the "friend" in person. They found the house stacked full of boxes of new merchandise. Apparently, she had no idea there was a crime being committed. (Yeah, right). But at least she is cooperating.

Among the stolen goods they found 4 out of the 5 wireless headsets ordered with my credit card. So the Maine PD is finally taking this case seriously, and has an ongoing criminal investigation. Had it not been for my PD prodding the Maine PD to get off it's ass, I doubt any of this would have happened. I was just getting the runaround from them until an ambitious local cop pushed them.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Wonder if they told her she can also be charged with accepting stolen goods.
She must have known, dont think anyones that stupid, but every village has at least one :D

Hope they track em down and bust em.

```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

they found was a deaf/mute lady who has been accepting shipments for a "friend" she met on MySpace, and forwarding them on. She has never met the "friend" in person.

I've seen this scam on TV before, and the lady is probably getting scammed too. They find a go-between, and then have them cover the cost to ship all the stuff. They promise to repay them, but of course, it doesn't happen.

My guess is the stuff is going overseas.......could it be.......I don't know......maybe.......NIGERIA?????

they found was a deaf/mute lady who has been accepting shipments for a "friend" she met on MySpace, and forwarding them on. She has never met the "friend" in person.

I've seen this scam on TV before, and the lady is probably getting scammed too. They find a go-between, and then have them cover the cost to ship all the stuff. They promise to repay them, but of course, it doesn't happen.

My guess is the stuff is going overseas.......could it be.......I don't know......maybe.......NIGERIA?????

And step up and collect your prize!

My local PD is sending my paperwork back to me so I can submit it to the Maine PD, now that they have an open case on it. I have not spoken to the Maine PD since they made the bust.

What I got over the phone from my PD was that the woman insists that the name on the shipping address lives in Maine, and in fact he tried to visit her twice, but got lost each time. And she also said she had been shipping things to Nigeria.
She must be the one in her village.:S