Aussiejumper

Skydiving gear for a AFF student..

Welcome to the greatest and most fun sport alive. I would recommend waiting until your nearly done with training to buy any gear more than jumpsuit, altimeter, helmet. You'll then have some experience, and you and your instructors will know each other, they'll be your best source of advise on a rig since they know your capabilities. Start saving now unless money is not an issue for you. Have fun, relax and enjoy.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

Yeah I'd defnitely wait a bit on that idea. While it may be hard to believe... or damn near impossible to believe, it is possible that your excitement may dwindle during AFF and then you'd be out a few thousand bucks. Besides, where I've been going, you don't rent the gear for the AFF jumps, so it would really be a waste of money to pay for it twice, since it's obviously included in the cost.

Yes, I would definitely wait. I waited till about a month after getting my license to get my own gear. But I was saving and getting ideas much earlier than that.

By the the time you are finished with your student training, you may find that a 210 is not what you need at all.

There is no rush to but this stuff. Take the time to learn to skydive first :)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I would suggest waiting for a while till you get a little bit more experience. (i am not saying i am experienced or anything) I have done 54 jumps now and i know what canopy container i am going to get etc but i wont be getting it till i have around 100 jumps. This will give me plenty of time to get more canopy experience etc!