ntainjohnp_ace

CAYENNE? Anybody.....

As a disclaimer, I only have 25 jumps with 14 on a rental Cayenne 190 (the previous ones were on Drakkar and Spark 230), so I know next to nothing.

All I can say: it is a slightly tapered 9-cells ZP canopy equivalent to the Sabre 2 and the Pilot. It has a collapsible slider. People found it very easy to pack from the 1st time (honestly, it gave me fits at first but I was doing my first pack jobs on it).

The openings are hard if you leave the nose hanging like the user manual says. We have the best results by rolling the nose a good deal and pushing it gently inside.

The toggles are locked with velcro on the risers.

The openings are 9 times out of 10 on heading, and since I pack it myself I haven't have a single line twist anymore (I'm reallt careful when I stow the lines and when I put the bag in the container though).

The 190 is hard to stall with the toggles (I load it at 1/1). I have to pull them all the way down and then really force them down to start a stall, which is quite violent IMO. The toggle pressure seems light to me, as well as the rear risers. The front risers OTOH are really hard and unresponsive. I don't think that this is a swoop beast, but you should ask to someone else... The landings aren't too difficult (although I still 'crash gently' from time to time), and the ground speed is quite decent when the winds are light.

I think that this is a good cheap all-round canopy compatible with a beginner's inexperience if the wing loading stays reasonable.

I hope that this helps a bit.

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

Since the beginning of August i jump a Cayenne 170 (WL 1.18). Like Malta Dog i am very happy with it. It is relatively easy to pack, compard with other zero-p canopies. My openings have always been very soft so far, but they are not always on heading. That might have something to do with my container, which is rather small for a 170 canopy. So i think the problem might be created when the bag leaves the container. At least that is what my instructor said. For that point it would be nice to have more opinions from other Cayenne-users. Flying characteristics are very good. A pretty fast turn rate makes it very enjoyable and the flare characteristics allow good landings even for beginners.

Overall i am very happy with the canopy and can recommend it.
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!

:)Hello There!
I JUST GOT MY BRAND NEW CAYENNE 190!
I am extremly happy with it! SO far i have done a few jumps with it!
Perfect Glide! I was undecided between Pilot and cayenne because i heard that cayenne had hard openings! Well i havent experienced any so far!
IM TREMENDOUSLY HAPPY WITH IT! Pretty easy to pack for a Zero porosity brand new cannopy! Flys faster and more horizontal glide than Pilot. Blue Skies!
João Ferrand - Portugal
http://www.blue-emotions.pt

...Flys faster and more horizontal glide than Pilot....

From my experience with a pilot 188 and a cayenne 190, the pilot flies faster AND glides better than the cayenne. The pilot certainly loses less altitude in turns.

Do you compare your cayenne 190 with a pilot 188?

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

What so scary did you find in the manual that made you move away?
I am a novice to skydiving and looking for my first system to buy, Cayenne is so attractive because of it's price and I also had few jumps with it, didn't feel much difference from sabre 2. But it seems that only beginners like this system, advanced skydivers prefer others... Why?

I THINK that all canopy manuals should have that! So it is Smart for PV to be concerned about it! That has nothing to do with the canopy..but the line set! You can have the same canopy for several years...and change the line Set in between...I see no big deal about delaying 3 seconds on the first jump! :) I have done a couple more jumps with cayenne 190 and so far i am a tremendously proud and a happy Cayenne owner! I have done a couple of jumps in Deland and Palatka (FLORIDA) and on every land i had people talking to me about the nice design of the canopy! it is NICE!!!!! ... I hope that this helps!... Choose what´s best for you!

BLUE SKIES!!!! LAND SAFE!
João Ferrand - Portugal
http://www.blue-emotions.pt