bdawk

In Out and Back - Maybe

1st of all I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to contribute and make this forum as great as it is.

About me. I did my 1st tandem 15 years ago. About 9 yrs ago did AFF 1-3 and walked away. Not really sure why. Maybe a I met a girl. Who knows.

I am in a business where I get to entertain clients. Most of my peers do it with golf. Golf is really not my deal, so I was thinking what else would some people appreciate and I'd have fun as well - skydiving.

So 3 weeks ago took 3 guys out for their 1st tandems which I did too. They get you much more involved at this DZ though. Having you make turnes in each direction and tracking on your tandem which was cool.

So with that one jump, I am constantly thinking about getting back in and going for my A license. (Not that I was too far in the 1st time)

Seasonally it's not a great time to start here but we'll see what happens.

bdawk

I am in a business where I get to entertain clients. Most of my peers do it with golf. Golf is really not my deal, so I was thinking what else would some people appreciate and I'd have fun as well - skydiving.

Woah woah woah, hold on... So you're telling me that you have the opportunity to make your job out of your hobby? Because that would be, you know the best thing ever?

Skydiving is great fun. Why did you quit to begin with? Too scared? Not enough money? Not enough time?
Either way, welcome back in the sky I suppose. ^^

bdawk

... They get you much more involved at this DZ though. Having you make turns in each direction and tracking on your tandem which was cool...

That is great to hear. Most tandem students do not get taught that much. What DZ is this?

Nicknero1405

***I am in a business where I get to entertain clients. Most of my peers do it with golf. Golf is really not my deal, so I was thinking what else would some people appreciate and I'd have fun as well - skydiving.

Woah woah woah, hold on... So you're telling me that you have the opportunity to make your job out of your hobby? Because that would be, you know the best thing ever?

Skydiving is great fun. Why did you quit to begin with? Too scared? Not enough money? Not enough time?
Either way, welcome back in the sky I suppose. ^^

I could do so called entertaining maybe one day per week or once every 2 weeks. The rest of the time I really have to work.

To keep doing it and call it business, I have to keep finding new people to go. That is the challenge, since most will never do it and many who do are 1 and done. BUT I was able to use the expense account to pay for the 4 tandems. Pretty cool.

I really forget why I quit. Like I said maybe I met and girl and started spending more time with her. Not sure.

peek

***... They get you much more involved at this DZ though. Having you make turns in each direction and tracking on your tandem which was cool...

That is great to hear. Most tandem students do not get taught that much. What DZ is this?

Yeah it was cool. This was Skydive Spaceland at their newest location outside of Atlanta.

They were even teaching under the canopy all the way until landing.

Quick update. Getting business clients to come skydive to entertain them but also to get my training on company expense account has stalled out. It worked a couple times but

have been having trouble getting guys to commit.

BUT, I'm moving along anyway and I'm at 13 total jumps at this point. Just did barrel rolls yesterday - fun stuff. Oh yeah and 2 out of 3 stand up landings. Pretty cool.