wildernessmedic

Flying a flag?

wildernessmedic

Couldn't find it in my SIM. Are there requirements to jump with a flag? I was wanting to fly one to honor some of my KIA buddies on Memorial Day.

No "rules" unless the DZO has some, but you will want to consult with someone experienced in jumping the kind of flag you have. It will take some equipment preparation too, so this might mean you will need to have some "rigging" facilities at the DZ too. You should not wait until Monday to start asking questions.

peek

***Couldn't find it in my SIM. Are there requirements to jump with a flag? I was wanting to fly one to honor some of my KIA buddies on Memorial Day.

No "rules" unless the DZO has some, but you will want to consult with someone experienced in jumping the kind of flag you have. It will take some equipment preparation too, so this might mean you will need to have some "rigging" facilities at the DZ too. You should not wait until Monday to start asking questions.

Thanks. Buddy is experienced and has a flag he just used for a ceremony he said he'd let me use but that I needed to double check I was allowed to first. I won't be going at it blind or alone.