debussyschild

Going to make my first jump at the West Point Boogie

Brand new to skydiving. Just went to Bridge Day 2008 in WV and if all goes well, might just jump it next fall! After my first jump this coming Saturday (FINALLY!!), I'm going to start AFF for my A-license.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I just took my first jump at West Point last Sunday and it was an absolute blast!! Ill be making my second at the boogie on Saturday as well so maybe ill see you there!
Blue skies!
"If piloting an airplane is flying, then driving a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, you have to get out of the vehicle"

hey, thanks! bridge day was AWESOME. very well coordinated and sponsored and TELEVISED. this brings in so much positive publicity for a very misunderstood (but amazing) sport. a lot of whuffos were there and that's what i like to see... future skydivers! i played camera-girl for some other people from the skydiving club at Virginia Tech. three of them made their first base jump there. the other two guys just added to their number of base jumps. it was such a fun time, i met a lot of really nice people and even some people that are planning on going to the west point boogie. i may be making my first skydive this saturday, but i'm already counting down until i can safely make my first base jump! javascript:%20addTag('sly')
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

heh heh the signature from your posts is quoting another quote from the Skydiving Handbook. great book! glad you liked west point. i've been hearing how amazing the halloween boogie is supposed to be and i cannot wait to go. the name's brittany. i'm a short blonde girl who's usually pretty loud, maybe we'll run into each other. if not, i hope you get your drink on and have an awesome time on your jump!!

blue skies to you too :D

sweetnessB|

i feel so spoiled to be making my first tandem out of a Casa.

i will have to look for ya! you'll probably see a couple of us (me and my group) wearing VT Skydive Club sweatshirts. there's a big parachuting hokie bird on the back. can't miss it.