Athomeonarock

Should I go for my License?

Hi all, need some advice about whether or not to start my training. Did a tandem at the end of June, loved it, and couldn’t stop thinking about it. I was back the next weekend and took the first jump course and did 2 static line jumps. I had way more fun then the tandem. (Hanging off the strut of the 182 was a bit terrifying, but aside from that it was absolutely awesome). So three weekends have come and gone and I haven’t had time to get back. At best, I get 1 weekend a month. I’m a med student, so there is no fixing the schedule.

My question is can I successfully do this one weekend a month. I can strech my loans to pay for it, im so far in debt, it doesn’t matter, but I don’t have more time. Can you be a good and safe skydiver jumping that infrequently, or should I put it on the shelf for 8 years till I maybe have free time? Thanks all, if nothing else, I got to experience a bit of the best sport ever.

i could only afford to do 1 jump a month until i got past AFF level 7 and the price went down. i just made sure to spend lots of time dirt diving and practicing my arch between jumps to keep the dive flow for the next jump fresh in my mind. so yes you should go for your liscense! best of luck & blue skies.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Yea, I would say go for it!!:)
I kinda understand where you are coming from, with the college money and all that jazz. Also, since I'm an aero major, we spend our lives in the lab...not as much as you med guys though! So it can be done. If there's a will, there's a way!!

This past April was my first jump and since then I have done 13 jumps. I am a nursing student at at University of North Florida, so I am busy too. My advice is make the time. When you do have a free weekend, try to do a few jumps. I got my certification done in just 2 weekends, spending only a total of 3 days jumping. It has definitely been worth the time and money. You need something to get your mind off of school and studying... why not make it skydiving?

Yes you should! I don't think I am going to be able to finish mine by the end of the year but hey! DO IT ANYWAY! BLUE SKIES!
Sincerely, Daniel (not as fat as he thinks he is) Adams
http://www.skyjump.com
http://www.vimeo.com/dandaninc
http://www.youtube.com/dandaninc