KNewman

Hello

I am very new to this wonderful sport (8 Jumps so far) and am currently working on getting an A license. I have made many military jumps but there is no comparison to the fun level and cool factors of freefall, real canopy flight and standup landings. I enjoy reading all of the information available on dropzone.com and would appreciate any comments from the experienced jumpers as to my progression in this sport. I am currently doing my 15 second delays and have had no problems with stability so far:P some problems I am having is with judging my landings and getting close to the target area, I have been close only twice. I am currently working to get better. Anyway thanks for everyone being out there and I hope to talk, jump or see you out at Raeford real soon.

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

From one (ex)Airborne dude to another! Welcome!

As you progress in the sport the stand up landings and accuracy will become easier. Student rigs typically have longer break lines and do not flare as well. It will keep a student from stalling the canopy and dropping like a rock from 20 feet +. But awful hard to stand up at times. It'll come!

steveOrino