jumpmonkeyUK

Morning all

Hey there jump monkey well done on your level three,i see your home DZ is in cirencester? is that at thr army barracks at south cearny? are you jumping with silver stars team or sky dive southwest? i did my first tandem there,and am now checking out dzs around the midlands to do my aff.if so what do you think of that dz and the instructors? markymark
markymark

hi marky,

yep thats the army barracks at south cerney. I was jumping with skydive southwest...i organised it through http://www.skydivezone.co.uk because i was just looking for an early slot anywhere in the south or south west, but I guess you could call them direct :)

I had instruction under carl, andy from skydivezone was my second instructor in the air. Carl makes sure you know your stuff, he's strict but very solid and he wont let anything slip. He's focused on making sure you know what your doing at every step of the way. After my first jumps I was rewarded with good feedback and debrief (and a beer from his fridge).

I liked the DZ as well, in the air its easy to find and see everything to navigate by on a jump, and the rest of the jumpers there are quite friendly. Both andy and carl ran or were in jump demo teams, dunno about the rest that were there, but i saw a few silver stars badges around the place.
The plane used is massive as well compared to what i jumped from at Netherhavon on my tandem. Takes about 10 mins or something daft to get to 13k.
The rigs there for aff has done less than 100 jumps, so theres no worries about old gear as well.

I cant really compare it with many ofther DZ'd's because i simply havent been around many, but Andy recommended it because it was his home DZ and because of the friendly atmosphere.

I havent done 3 yet, but im itching to, and I will be looking to book three on the blower with carl next week.

Hi ,sorry don't know your name?
I know most of the guys there as i did my tandem from there and a considering booking up with them but am also looking at Langer and also Hinton in banbury which is about the same diffrence in miles as cirencester is form Worcester where i live,still getting the finances sorted but will be about ready in july, cannot wait,my eyes are skywards every day mate, when are you going for your next level?? Take care Markymark
markymark