gweeks

Low Static Line Technique

actually, you could self-PCA if you had the bridle routed behind a railing or something and held onto the PC. That just begs for disaster though... but i bet it would work (who wants to try first? anyone? ;))
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

Personally I tard it since they open higher

No doubt. However many on this wonderful drokzone consider unpacked shit well as unpacked shit and not a true BASE jump.

By the way, why tard it when you can tard it over?

Tards are 90s man and as out as mullets ;)
Memento Audere Semper

Is that was Sabre210 was talking about? I've been reading this thinking it must be a joke. How does the canopy get to line stretch (without the railing)? Do you pull the pins/velcro your self, and then hold the PCA? If so, why hold the PCA?

PCAing yourself with the railing does seem like it would work, but like you said, it could definitely become a mess. Since the bridal is shorter than your lines, if you hold on to long you pull your canopy up through the railing. Then the canopy,bridal(pins),PC has to go back through the railing and along the edge of the object on the way down.

Back to the S/L though, I heard about droptests that said there was a higher potential for premature break with a 9 foot bridal, and that you could lower the chance of premature break by shortening the bridal length. I doubt you have to worry about double premature break though.

Clarification: I was Not serious ;)
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

What are you guys classing as low / V low?

What are your issues with knotting the bridle??

It is not a strengh issue

If it is done cleanly I see no entanglment issue

It gives me a site specific tie off point

Greeny

If the object, say a very low span allows you to just step off then fine but if a good hard launch is required then I wouldn't be happy about that 3rd SL which will come into effect almost 1 second into the jump.

It's been my experience that launching hard (or at all, really) on anything lower than about 140 feet can cause wicked oscillations on opening. If I was considering a static line system for very low jumps, I'd build it around a dead launch. If you're jumping a low solid object, probably your best option for an off-heading is to ride it into the ground.

Honestly if 8' does make a difference then not having a 46" anchor will make a greater difference and maybe the 3' bridle with no PC might be the better option than a knot on a bridle.

Removing the anchor for very low jumps makes little difference. I tested both configurations on a 111-foot span and got basically the same results out of both. Unless you actually have time to fly, the PC doesn't seem to change anything. No point removing the PC, in my opinion.

Michael