RhondaLea

From the Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~34423~2711626,00.html

the edge
It's what we do
By Jason Blevins and Scott Willoughby
Denver Post Staff Writers
Article Published: Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Skiers, a paraglider, an ice climber, a kayaker and...

Excerpt:

Leap of Faith

Shane McConkey goes into uncharted territory.

Uber-athlete Shane McConkey dropped even the most cynical jaws in the ski world last year by skiing the Eiger in Switzerland.

Well, he only skied half of it. Once the snow ended in a 1,000-foot cliff, McConkey threw a couple front flips into the abyss and pulled a parachute ripcord, setting a standard for the 007-inspired, McConkey-fueled sport of skiBASE jumping. This is the same guy who was banned for life at Vail Mountain for flipping upside down twice in a bump contest - the second time in his birthday suit. Now, every kid in the terrain park flips upside down. McConkey sets the bar many years before anyone can even size it up.

(5 additional paragraphs follow at linked page)

Fuck vail resorts and all that they represent. Hi we are going to charge 71 dollars for a lift ticket. GO SHANE!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Yes I agree ... fuck Vail.

There has been a lot of publicity concerning Shane at the antics of some of his friends. But the bottom line is that he is a world class bad ass skier. And now he's just extending his domain to include BASE jumping and Ski-BASE. I think it's pretty damn cool to watch the guy do aerials off of a mountain and I would love the opportunity to join the guy doing this one day. Go Shane ... you rock!!!

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over