TomAiello

Apex

I'm splitting this off the "Robin Heid Injured" thread:

Who is Apex? (or are BR are changing their name?)

I'm going to split this into a new thread to avoid repeating myself endlessly.

Apex is a new company formed by the merger and re-organization of Basic Research and Vertigo. Partners in Apex are Todd Shoebotham, Marta Empinotti Pouchert, and Jimmy Pouchert. The merger was announced at the GoFast! Games.

As far as I know, all former BR and Vertigo products will continue to be offered for the time being, with new products phased in as joint developments. I believe that Apex will also maintain both facilities (Perris, California and Moab, Utah).

I have no more inside information regarding this than any of the other 100 odd folks who heard about this last weekend. It's probably best to direct inquiries to Todd, Marta or Jimmy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

For about a year, Todd, Annie, Marta and I have been working out the details on merging Vertigo Base Outfitters and Basic Research into Apex Base. The rough details are that Apex(Todd, Marta and Jimmy) bought BR(Annie-Todd) and Vertigo(Marta and Jimmy). Anne is going back to her love of nursing as a profession, but have no fear, she will still be jumping full time. We are still working out the details of merging some of the products. For now, all products offered by each company will still be available. We will be keeping all of the canopies that are now available from both companies. Production and design will be based in Perris, CA. Todd will run this side of the business alongside key people like Karen. Marta, Jimmy and their staff will remain in Moab, running the jump courses, focusing on a much more interactive website, ads, videos, events, test jumping,etc...
So now you know why BR invited Vertigo to be a part of the Superbowl...
To the future!

To the future!

I'm sure there are great things to come. I'm looking forward to it! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Just when I finally got all my BASE manufacturer links, addresses, and phone numbers in order! Another corporate buy-out;)

Good luck to both of you. Cya at Bridge Day.

Good luck Anne.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Jimmy & Marta,

Good luck with the merger. It sounds like a solid idea to me. So next time we swing through Moab, hopefully you will be up for some "test jumping" with us.

From all of us up this way, thanks again for your part in a great event at the Royal Gorge. Well done!

Erich