Possum

Hanwag appreciation day

Thanks to Tim (who also chatted with me about the boots over Mem day) and the other Hanwag devotees on this forum. Also thanks to Johnny U for letting me try his on in Moscow, and to Marta for selling them to me. Just got 'em a week and a half ago, and this morning they absolutely saved my right ankle.
Cheers fellas,
Mitch

I couldn't imagine doing a jump without mine. They are pricey, but I have never regretted shelling out the cash for them.

The alternative sucks pretty bad...

HanWag's are the shnizzle. Great support, lightweight, waterproof (at least mine were until they got torn open by razor wire... long story). Mine have been to war and back.

For a little added protection, buy some shock-absorbing sole inserts. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I bought my first pair at the turkey boogie 2 years ago. The very first landing with the boots, I sunk it in way too hard. I'm pretty sure the boots saved my ankles on that one. Since then I've let the boots take quite a beating on occasion.

The water proof part is great, however, wick away socks and water proof boots don't mix :)

After coming back from a sprained ankle and busted fib (not from BASE jumping), I wouldn't go skydive but was willing to BASE jump since the canopy is big, and the boots support the ankle so well.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Sounds like you made a good purchase. I've heard a few people talk about these bad boys (all good things), but I've never seen them. On their site, they have a bunch of different models. Some looked like they have better ankle support than others (e.g. Super Fly Gtx, Special Force Gtx). Which ones do people usually get for BASE?

--Keith
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

I absolutely love my Hanwag Boots. While checking them out 4 years ago, Jimmy P. said it best: "They're like a helmet for your ankles." I plunked down some cash and bought a pair.

They saved my ankles on several different occasions and lasted for several hundred BASE jumps plus numerous non-BASE outings. I loved them so much that I bought another pair when the first ones wore out. (they really do last a long time)

As luck/stupidity would have it, I chose not to wear them for a few jumps at the Potato Bridge last weekend. A low opening had me making a light downwind landing when some weeds decided to hold onto my ankle as the rest of me kept on going forward. It wasn't anything too severe, but it sure stinks hobbling around for a week or two. I'm sure my Hanwags (which were sitting in the car) would have likely saved me.

I think they are the best boots you can buy for BASE jumping and if you are going to buy a set, why not support our BASE community and buy them directly from Vertigo. Besides giving you a great price, the folks at Vertigo are super-cool and take good care of everyone in the BASE community in more ways than one.

Vertigo BASE Outfitters

C-ya,

Bryan

Dear Supafly,

You look oddly familiar. Have you had a recent haircut?

(See attached)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Ah yes, I thought I'd try something new for the summer. What do you think?

--Keith
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

Looks good, man. Especially now you've knawed the rest of the horns off.;)

In fun,
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.