gazzoom

Australia FJC ?

Im due to be In Australia in 2004 and have for a long time wanted to get into base, i have over 500 Skydives and is i will be over in Oz, for three months wondered if a FJC can be done there.

If so has anyone got any recommendations etc, website links or e-mail address, would be awesome.

Thanks Guys

A few thoughts:

1) Australia has the worlds hardest (read: most dangerous) BASE sites. If you can start anywhere else (like Europe, which has some of the world's easiest, i.e. safest, sites, or the U.S., which has a prime legal teaching object) I'd start there, rather than Australia.

2) For information on learning to BASE jump in Australia see the Australian BASE Association Web Page and click on the "I Want to B.A.S.E. Jump" Link on the front page.

Can you tell us what leads you to want to start in Oz, rather than a more "beginner" environment (near where you live, for example)?

edit: All of the links for courses in Europe and Australia are given in the "Getting into BASE" article, linked in the upper right hand corner of this page.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks Tom,

The only reason really i wanted to do a FJC in Australia is im in the country for a while, i also travel on to the USA after for around the same length of time (3 months) May, June, July ish. I just wanted a head start on Base before i get there.

Im hindsight i will wait and do the course when i arrive in the US.

Thanks for the advice.