freakydiver

Canopy excersise question...

I am slowly but surely saving up the cash to drop on a base rig right soon, and having read over tons and tons of things to practice under canopy, I have a question for those of you who base and skydive BOTH on a regular basis. I realize that there are many many merits to practicing on the DZ with your base canopy of choice, my question is, do any of you mix up base canopy practice with normal skydiving canopy rides? i.e. 50 percent big ol base canopy drills and 50 percent fast ass canopy drills? I am very reluctant to give up the nice carving swoops I've attained with my Sabre 135, but as state, realize there are probably mucho merits to regularly jumping my new base canopy when it arrives. Just curious what you all do out there...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

i've been jumping my base canopy out of the otter inside of student gear.. that way you can practice base stuff with your base canopy.. did a base pack job with a mesh slider and got the jump run around 65.. dumped right out the door and it wasn't bad at all