Kinaa

Madagascar jump

This is the article that was in todays newspaper here in Croatia. It is my translation so excuse my bad english.

Robert Pecnik jumps today in "Sxxxx Txxxxx"

After recent returning from Arizona were he participated in breaking world record in group parachute jump, famous croatian BASE jumper Robert Pecnik - Birdman will try to jump today in deep one of three most dangerous jump rock in world, famous "Sxxxx Txxxxx" in Madagascar.
"S.T." could be easily described as unpredictable rock tunnel wide 70m and deep 300m, which entrance is only 5 meters wide, which harden the jump greatly.
Before him no one ever tried to attempt such jump, so today Pecnik could be the first man to jump this site. Danger of the jump gather head the fact that Robert for flying through the tunnel wil not use normal base parachute but his flying suit Birdman, which he invented and started to manufacture couple years ago. His attempt will be covered by CNN and Eurosport.

T.Kalauz

Blue sky
I.P.

Pimp! Good wishes for my friend Robert.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Anyone of you guys know something about that cave? How it is possible to jump whit suit in it? Is this tunnel inclined and allows birdman jump, or this journalist mixed up some facts?

Thanks
I.P.

Anyone of you guys know something about that cave? How it is possible to jump whit suit in it? Is this tunnel inclined and allows birdman jump, or this journalist mixed up some facts?

Thanks
I.P.

The only tunnel-style wingsuit jump I've heard about is down in South Africa (and one sort of like it in Norway). The beta I have on Madagascar didn't include anything like this - a friend was planning a trip there last year and he'd have been excited about something like that, for sure.

Still, I'd not be surprised as I do know of some funky cliffs on that island. I am sure Robert will let us know how it goes when he's back in contact.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

I just received an email from Robert on this subject. To paraphrase:

The girl who wrote that has mixed it all up.
Robert is planning a trip to Madagascar but has not jumped the site yet. A French group is going there and HK [a leading German BASE jumper] has also planned a trip.
Robert has just returned from South Africa, and spoke to her about the jumps there, as well as mentioning his intention to jump in Madagascar.

Thanks to Robert for the clarification.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com