shunkka

base numbers

Where can i find a list with all the BASE numbersB|

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

You mean with names and addresses? And along with the lists of their favorite objects? I'm sure it's on the web somewhere.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

One of the deals with the BASE numbers is that it is anonymous. If you have a BASE number you can tell other folks who you are, but you won't get anything out of Rick & Joy over who has what number.

And that's the way it should be. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

oki
thanks a lot guys
i understand

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Actually jumpers would tell Jean Boenish (the original keeper of the BASE numbers) if they wanted their names and numbers marked confidential.

I have a fairly complete list of BASE numbers and about a third of the numbers issued are marked confidential. This is indicated by an asterisk next to the entry. And more of the early awardees are marked so than ones later on.

Since having a BASE number isn't a crime, so far anyway, the original intent for secrecy is for those jumpers who held government, law enforcement, or military jobs. This is during an era when almost all BASE jumps were illegal.

Nowadays every BASE category has, at one time or another, been legal (Buildings and Antennas mostly through movie shoots.) So it is possible to have a “legal” BASE number and not have to keep it on the down low.

However, secrecy is and will always remain a big part of BASE jumping.

Nick D
BASE 194

World BASE Fatality List
http://juliabell.home.att.net/